With our solid expertise in French corporate law and M&A, we accompany German and international clients in France
Whether you intend to incorporate a business in France, restructure your French subsidiary or end a conflict with a shareholder or an executive officer, we are happy to assist you!
Our legal services for establishing a business in France
Our French-German law firm specializes in legal advice for German and international clients doing business in France.
We regularly assist our clients with the establishing and incorporation of businesses in France. With German clients, we even offer a comparative law approach in French and German law in order to best explain the differences of the two legal systems and the consequences resulting thereof.
We offer the following legal services in particular:
- Advising for the choice of the right legal framework in France: branch or legally independent subsidiary, choice of the legal form of the company (e.g.: SARL) and tax consequences
- Defense of the interests of the foreign shareholders in the course of the set-up of a French corporation
- Drafting of by-laws for French corporations and, if required, adaptation of German by-laws (or by-laws from other countries) to French law as well as the incorporation of the company in France
- Assistance in complying with legal requirements if the business is regulated in France
- Legal adaptation of internal compliance rules of the company to French corporate law, notably to the by-laws and legal documents of the French subsidiary
- Negotiation and drafting of appointment agreements for executive officers such as CEOs and directors
- Drafting of all legal documents in the course of the appointment of the corporate officers of the French company and consultation regarding the possibilities and limits of the power of representation in a French company
- Legal assistance with the power of representation for French companies
- Consultation of German or international executive officers regarding the liability linked to their position in France, especially industrial risks or insolvency relevant events as well as proposals for limiting the liability