What our law firm offers to French and German law students and lawyers
Trainee position for students with a background in French and German law
Our French-German law firm offers, on a regular basis, trainee programs for German judicial service trainees who have finished law school (“Rechtsreferendare”). These positions are available for those who have studied law at French and German universities and have professional language skills in French and German.
We are also happy to welcome French and German law students in our law firm.
The duration– from several weeks to several months– and work hours can be adapted to the student’s schedule: the working hours of our firm are flexible.
We appreciate signing a trainee program agreement with the university of the trainee.
Our law firm offers judicial service trainees and law students the opportunity to participate practically in the daily work of our lawyers, e.g., participation in meetings with clients and court hearings. This will be the occasion to discover what goes on in a law firm specializing in international and French-German law.
We adapt the tasks of our trainees to their language and professional skills and knowledge.
About the job
Trainee lawyer (m/f) with French-German background focused on business law with (additional) French law degree.
- Helping the lawyers in their daily legal tasks
- Writing news articles in French-German and international business law
- Providing legal research and drafting of legal opinions for clients, including comparisons between French and German law
- Participating in meetings with clients and drafting of meeting minutes
- Drafting applications for French courts and defense pleas as well as attending court hearings
- Legal studies with knowledge of French business law
- Good knowledge of European law
- Very good skills in the French and English languages
- Lawyer trainee experience in law firms and/or corporations in French-speaking countries is a plus
- Internationally minded and interested in international issues
- Regular contact with the French culture
- Ability to work independently and communication skills
- Team player and highly motivated
- Well organized